RSS Feed
TOP

Conveying Enthusiasm without Sounding Like a Phony

Ryan: I've read that you should try to express your enthusiasm for a position through your cover letter. But how do you do that in one paragraph without coming across as a phony?

A good point. The key is not to say that you are enthusiastic; that can sound phony. Instead, let your enthusiasm show through your description of past achievements.

Phony: "I would really love to work for your company. I know that I will excel in its fast pace environment, and if given the chance, I will do a great job".

Genuine: "During my summer internship, I very much enjoyed answering calls and helping solve customer problems. The experience was fascinating; it honed my communication skills and taught me to think on my feet."

Are you wondering How to Get Hired? Join the discussion on my Facebook Group Polished and ask me anything you have ever wondered about resumes, cover letters, interviews, and job hunting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment